OFFICE POLICE RE: COVID-19
THe American Dental Association has issued the recommendation to all US dentists :
"The American Dental Association (ADA) recognizes the unprecedented and extraordinary circumstances dentists and all health care professionals face related to growing concern about COVID-19. The ADA is deeply concerned for the health and well-being of the public and the dental team.
In order for dentistry to do its part to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the ADA recommends dentists nationwide postpone elective procedures for the next three weeks. Concentrating on emergency dental care will allow us to care for our emergency patients and alleviate the burden that dental emergencies would place on hospital emergency departments."
WE ARE TAKING EVERY PRECAUTION NECESSARY TO LIMIT THE EXPOSURE OF ANY VIRUS WITHIN OUR OFFICE, AND WE ASK THAT YOU HELP US BY PARTICIPATING IN THESE PRECAUTIONS. If you have a true emergency situation that cannot be dealt with over the phone then:
1. UPON YOUR ARRIVAL TO OUR OFFICE, WE KINDLY ASK THAT YOU USE THE HAND SANITIZER WE HAVE PROVIDED.
2. PLEASE DISINFECT YOUR HANDS PRIOR TO USING ANY PENS TO FILL OUT ANY DOCUMENTS WE MAY NEED FROM YOU.
3. IF USING THE RESTROOM OR EXITING AND REENTERING OUR OFFICE, WE ASK THAT YOU USE THE HAND SANITIZER PROVIDED UPON REENTRY.
4. PLEASE INFORM US IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING A FEVER, COUGH, OR DIFFICULTY BREATHING.
5. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL BE LIMITING SOCIAL DISTANCE, INCLUDING HANDSHAKING, AS A MEANS OF DECREASING POSSIBLE TRANSMISSION OF CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19).
6. PLEASE INFORM US OF ANY RECENT TRAVEL OUTSIDE OF THE US TO AREAS CONSIDERED LEVEL 3 PRECAUTION BY THE CDC. THIS INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES: ITALY, SOUTH KOREA, IRAN, AND CHINA (AS OF MARCH 5, 2020).
7. ALSO, PLEASE INFORM US IF YOU HAVE TRAVELED WITHIN THE US. WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION AND PARTICIPATION IN THESE OFFICE POLICIES.